Andreea Waters is a photographer and real estate professional. Originally from Bucharest, Romania, in May 2012 she discovered Rockaway Beach, NY where her documentary about the New York surf culture began. In February, 2016, Andreea published her photography book titled, Surf NYC - a visual story and celebration of the unique spirit of New York's ocean community. The book showcases a period in time in the city's hidden subculture, the ever changing moods of the Atlantic Ocean and several surfers personal journeys. Surf NYC features a statement by Australia's surf legend, Derek Hynd; forward by New York writer, Tyler Breuer and Andreea's artist story. Published by Schiffer Publishing, Surf NYC is a hard cover coffee table book printed in color.
Andreea's work is part of a permanent collection at the Museum of The City of New York and has been showcased in fine art galleries. Her work was published by The Guardian, WIRED, Slate, The Gothamist, Norwegian Magazine, New York Observer, Outside Magazine, Adorama, and recognized internationally in travel, lifestyle and fashion digital media.
- Permanent Collection | Museum of The City of New York, New York, NY
- Permanent Gallery | Julia B. Fee Sotheby's International Realty, Irvington, NY
- Group Show: Firing, Women Photograph | Winter Studios, Brooklyn, NY 
- Group Show: Firing, Women Photograph | Picture Farm Gallery, Brooklyn, NY 
- Solo Exhibit & Surf NYC Book Launch | Picture Farm Gallery, Brooklyn, NY 
- Two Person Photo Show: Surf NYC & Landscape is A Verb | Square Peg Gallery, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY 
- Group Show: Rising Waters, Photographs of Sandy | Museum of The City of New York, New York, NY 
- Photography Multimedia: Adventures Across The Seven Seas | Photoville NYC, Brooklyn, NY &
Southampton Arts Center, Southampton, NY 
Andreea Waters is a dynamic and creative business professional. In 2016 she moved to Winter Park, FL from Hastings-on-Hudson, NY; she is a Licensed Real Estate Sales Associate in New York and Florida, working with Premier Sotheby's International Realty and Julia B. Fee Sotheby's International Realty. Real estate presents her the opportunity to share the quality of life and lifestyles of the two markets as well as utilize her expertise in marketing strategy and negotiation to help customers buy and sell residential properties. Andreea blends creativity with business acumen giving her an edge in the marketplace. Her previous corporate clients include DIRECTV, United States Tennis Association, USA Today, Lincoln, MBNA, Adidas and Nike.
Andreea's connection to city culture, international background and artistic eye are essential in helping individuals and families envision and transition lifestyles. She has an innate talent for building authentic business relationships and listening to understand clients needs. Andreea is a LEED Green Associate and certified in green architecture. In New York, she lived in an award-winning Platinum LEED Certified Home on the Hudson River.
Andreea is an advocate for protecting oceans and a community activist. In 2012, after Hurricane Sandy destroyed Rockaway Beach, NY, she worked with Waves for Water and Parsons The New School of Design, to implement relief efforts and create awareness.
©Andreea Waters 2018