Andreea Waters is a photographer and author. Originally from Bucharest, Romania, in May 2012 she discovered Rockaway Beach, NY where her documentary about the New York surf culture began. In February, 2016, Andreea released a photography book titled, Surf NYC - a visual story and celebration of the unique spirit of New York's ocean community. The book showcases a period in time in the city's culture, the ever changing moods of the Atlantic Ocean and features a statement by Australia's surf legend, Derek Hynd, forward by local writer, Tyler Breuer, and short interviews with thirteen surfers. Published by Schiffer Publishing, Surf NYC is a hard cover coffee table book printed in color.
Andreea's work is published by The Guardian, WIRED, Slate, The Gothamist, Norwegian Magazine, New York Observer, Eastern Surf Magazine, Outside Magazine, Adorama, and recognized internationally in travel, lifestyle and fashion digital media. Andreea is based in New York and Florida.
- Permanent Collection | Museum of The City of New York, New York, NY
- Permanent Gallery | Julia B. Fee Sotheby's International Realty, Irvington, NY
- Solo Exhibit & Surf NYC Book Launch | Picture Farm Gallery, Brooklyn, NY 
- Two Person Photo Show: Surf NYC & Landscape is A Verb | Square Peg Gallery, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY 
- Group Show: Rising Waters, Photographs of Sandy | Museum of The City of New York, New York, NY 
- Photography Multimedia: Adventures Across The Seven Seas | Photoville NYC, Brooklyn, NY &
Southampton Arts Center, Southampton, NY 
Andreea is a dynamic and creative professional, forward thinker and influential leader. With over ten years of professional experience in marketing strategy, design and business development, Andreea blends creativity with business acumen giving her an edge in the marketplace. Her previous clients include DIRECTV, United States Tennis Association, USA Today, Lincoln, MBNA, Adidas and Nike.
©Andreea Waters 2017