Andreea Waters is a Photographer and Author. Originally from Bucharest, Romania, in May 2012 she discovered Rockaway Beach, where her documentary photography began. Andreea's images capture the mood, culture and art of surfing. She puts herself in the elements without reservation. When you least expect it she is on the beach, resulting in powerful and authentic images that represent timeless moments in East Coast surf culture.
In February, 2016, Andreea released a photography book titled, Surf NYC - a visual story and celebration of ocean community, showcasing a period in time in New York surf culture and the moods of the Atlantic Ocean. Published by Schiffer Publishing, Surf NYC is a hard cover coffee table book printed in color.
Andreea's photography is recognized Internationally and published by The Guardian, Wired Magazine, Slate, Eastern Surf Magazine, New York Observer, The Gothamist, Outside Magazine, Adorama, The Inertia, local newspapers, surf and fashion blogs. Andreea is based in Florida and New York.
- Permanent Collection | Museum of The City of New York, New York, NY
- Permanent Gallery | Julia B. Fee Sotheby's International Realty, Irvington, NY
- Solo Exhibit & Surf NYC Book Launch | Picture Farm Gallery, Brooklyn, NY 
- Two Person Photo Show: Surf NYC & Landscape is A Verb | Square Peg Gallery, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY 
- Group Show: Rising Waters, Photographs of Sandy | Museum of The City of New York, New York, NY 
- Photography Multimedia: Adventures Across The Seven Seas | Photoville NYC, Brooklyn, NY & Southampton Arts Center, Southampton, NY 
©Andreea Waters 2017