Andreea Waters is a photographer who focuses on the human aspect in connection with their environment, lifestyle and culture. Originally from Bucharest, Romania, in May 2012 she discovered Rockaway Beach, NY where her documentary about the New York surf culture began. In February, 2016, Andreea published her photography book titled, Surf NYC - a visual story and celebration of the unique spirit of New York's ocean community. The book showcases a period in time in the city's hidden subculture, the ever changing moods of the Atlantic Ocean and several surfers personal journeys. Published by Schiffer Publishing, Surf NYC is a hard cover coffee table book printed in color.
Andreea's work is part of a permanent collection at the Museum of The City of New York and has been showcased in fine art galleries. Her work was published by The Guardian, WIRED, Slate, The Gothamist, Norwegian Magazine, New York Observer, Outside Magazine, Adorama, and recognized internationally in travel, lifestyle and fashion digital media. Based in Winter Park, FL, Andreea photographs worldwide.
- Permanent Collection | Museum of The City of New York, New York, NY
- Permanent Gallery | Julia B. Fee Sotheby's International Realty, Irvington, NY
- Finalist, Central Florida Lifestyle Magazine Art Contest | The Alfond Inn, Winter Park, FL 
- Group Show: Firing, Women Photograph | Winter Studios, Brooklyn, NY 
- Group Show: Firing, Women Photograph | Picture Farm Gallery, Brooklyn, NY 
- Solo Exhibit & Surf NYC Book Launch | Picture Farm Gallery, Brooklyn, NY 
- Two Person Photo Show: Surf NYC & Landscape is A Verb | Square Peg Gallery, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY 
- Group Show: Rising Waters, Photographs of Sandy | Museum of The City of New York, New York, NY 
- Photography Multimedia: Adventures Across The Seven Seas | Photoville NYC, Brooklyn, NY 
- Photography Multimedia: Adventures Across The Seven Seas | Southampton Arts Center, Southampton, NY 
© Andreea Waters